Detailed Product Description
PRODUCT: EASTO SYNQUENCH
GRADES: 330 & 440
INTRODUCTION: EASTO SYNQUENCH fluids are non-flammable polymeric quenchants whichare an aqueous solution of liquid organic polymers with biocides andantifoaming additives, but without nitrite corrosion inhibitor. This colourlesshomogeneous solution however separates from water as an insoluble phase (inversesolubility) at temperature above 74ºC. When hot metal is quenched in a dilutedsolution of EASTO SYNQUENCH fluids,a film of the liquid organic polymer is deposited on the surface of the hotmetal. The rate at which the metal is cooled is governed, in part, by thethickness of the polymer rich film. The thickness of this film is controlledby the concentration of the quenchant in the quench bath. The cooling rate iscontrolled by adjusting the quench bath temperature and / or the rate ofagitation.
APPLICATION: EASTO SYNQUENCHfluids can be used for
- The heat treatment of carbon and alloy steels by flame, induction and submerged induction heating
- With wrought, case and forged aluminum alloys
- Non-ferrous metals such as titanium alloys, bronzes
- Forged parts that are quenched directly from the forge
- Sensitive shapes / intricate geometry and alloys of different metallurgy
PERFORMANCE LEVEL: EASTO SYNQUENCHfluids minimize the replacement control of the product because of its lowdeterioration and oxidation rate. The major make up requirement is water for theloss by evaporation.