Detailed Product Description
During the evaluation or screening of anti-anxiety drugs, one has to produce or induce fear or anxiety in the rats or mice under test.
The MEDICRAFT ANXIETY-METER is the only answer for conducting such test by inducing fear or anxiety in an animal under test. The animal is made to lick water from the dispenser. After predetermined number of licks (20 default) the punishment shock is delivered to the animal if any further lick is attempted during the punishment duration. After the punishment duration the cycle is repeated. these licks attempted and shock delivered are recorded on two separate three digits electronics counter
The MEDICRAFT ANXIETY-METER consists of an animal cage with Stainless Steel Grid floor and water dispenser along with an Electronic controller. The controller is housed in a M.S. sheet metal cabinet over which the animal cage is fixed.
- An animal cage , 250x150x200mm. for mice, 300x200x200mm for rats.
- Shock generator producing 1mA, A.C. current at 150V. the current can be set in steps of 0.1 mA to maximum by a control knob.
- Two three digit electronics counters, one to read numbers of licks the animal makes with the dispenser and the other to count the number of shock s delivered to the animal as punishment.
- The session duration of an experiment is fixed at one hour, different durations could be provided on request.
- Another timer is provided to set the duration of punishment or shock.