Detailed Product Description
Medicraft Electro Medicals present a unique apparatus the MEDICRAFT DIGITAL PHOTO - ACTOMETER to study the effects on spontaneous ambulatory activities of small animals such as rats and mice to evaluate the effects of the drugs on the Central Nervous system.
The use and operation are very simple and allows activity to be stored directly to the computer. As such, it makes use of other cumbersome equipments like Jiggle Cage, Work Adder, etc., obsolete and thus makes the researcher more dynamic and free of human error.
The Medicraft Digital Photo - Actometer utilises OPTO - ELECTRONICS System by using highly sensitive Solid State Invisible Light receivers and transmitters controlled by a microprocessor.
It consists of an Activity Cage or Well 30 x 30 x 30 cm in dimension with a wire mesh floor. Six pairs of Light transmitters and receivers are placed around the outer periphery of the activity cage so that it forms a mesh of beam in shape of square checks at a suitable height from the floor of the activity cage. The locomotive activity of the animal is recorded when it interrupts any one or more light beams. The interrupted light signals are further converted into electrical ones through a compact solid state circuitry and the activity is recorded on a bright high speed Digital Counter for display and to the connected computer for further processing. The light beam arrangement is such that one animal under trail cannot block the all the light beams so formed. Thus it makes the apparatus suitable to use with a single animal or with a group.
- Microprocessor controlled timer to specify the duration of the activity.
- UP/DOWN switch for timer deuration setting.
- Six digit high speed electronic display on the panel.
- Two digit electronic display for remaining timer duration on the panel
- Top cover for the activity cage.
- A sliding tray at the bottom to clean the etceteras of the animal.
- Mild steel enclosure. Dimension: 50 x 50 x 40 cm approx.