Detailed Product Description
Range of Products.
Since 1977, we at PTK have been manufacturing Toolings for (A) . Cold Rolling Mills 20 Hi Mills particularly (B) Tube Mills (C) Knives for Paper Industry (D) Peripherals for Pressure Die Casting Process.
Since availability of Raw materials for user-oriented requirements was a problem, we developed in-house raw material manufacturing skills thru ESR Route due to which purest grade of Tool-Steels are produced in-house. Then depending upon the Tool requirements the material is further processed for Rounds Flats or sections. The presense of ESR facility paves way for availability of best of the best forms of Tool Steels which is very essential for any type of Tool.
Cold Rolling Mill Rolls for 20 Hi Mills: Work Rolls, IMRs and Drive Rolls are made as per customers drawings from D2 (MV) grade HDS (Modified) respectively . Rolls made by us perform to the total satisfaction of Roller . No premature failure or linear crack / spalling is observed in the Rolls made by us. A users delight, the Work Rolls made by us made the user have 100% satisfaction. Since tempered at the temperature higher than the rolling temperature the Roll never fails and total value for money is recovered by the user.
Similarly IMRs & Driver Rolls are made out ESR Grade forged Rounds of HDS (Modified) . In ESR materials due to total absence of gases and non-metallic inclusions, the forged rounds are just a perfect match for the rolling operations wherein 100% results are achieved, by the Roller.
Slitting Line Toolings:-
HR Slitting Knives Spacers & Over Arm Toolings made by us for last 30 years are a users delight giving him 100% satisfaction for all reasons. No edge chipping is the guarantee of our Slitting Knives . Parallelism of both the surfaces within the closest range makes the knife perform to it is very best.
Similarly Spacers too fully hardened and ground to the best tolerances make the Tooled-up Slitting arbor, the Slitting operation total burr free and hassles free operation.
Tube Mill Toolings
Tube Mill Rolls made from conventionally forged material from Ingot Route do not perform well. This is due to the fact the Rolls profile area is having loose grain structure due to poor reduction of the Ingot in most of the cases .Whereas in ESR grade steel the grain structure right from the centre of the round to the OD of the rounds is just perfect and as such in profile are the grain structure is not a problem and as such the rolls made by us never fail (Spall / Crack) Rolls are again all made out of D-2 (MV) grade . Only the Welding Rolls are made out of HDS.
For On Line Tube Cutting Alpha shears, CoC Knives or Friction Saws are made by as below:-
Alpha Shears -From HSS 6/5/2 & M-35
CoC Knives -From HSS - 6/5/2 & M-35
Friction Saw -From SKS 5 (C-Ni-Cr Steel)
To the Total Customer satisfaction.
Shot Sleeves for Aluminium Die Casting Machines
PTK has been engaged in the manufacture of various sizes of sleeves for aluminium die casting machines for various industries. But it's unique feature is the special expertise in the manufacture of shorter version of sleeve due to the following factors:-
1) Like other manufacturers, PTK is not making Sleeve from steel routed through normal melting & hotworking processes.
2) PTK's raw material for the subject item is manufactured from it's in house Induction melting & Electro Slag Refining (ESR) Processes.
3) Scrap of hot die steels containing very low sulphur & phosphorous are carefully selected for melting in the Induction Furnaces for making ingots.
4) The ingots containing very low sulphur & phosphorous are subsequently routed through Electro Slag Refining Process to produce very fine grained hot die steel having practically nil content of phosphorous & sulphur as the starting raw material of sleeve. Sizes of ESR ingots are such that the shorter sleeves are directly made from them without size alteration in hot working.
5) Due to absence of hot working, presence of extremely fine grained Raw Material without phosphorous & sulphur material do not exhibit any fiber flow.
6) Absence of fiber flow, phosphorous & sulphur and presence of very fine grained steel, enable sleeves to resisit errosion for considerably longer period against hot molten aluminium flow during casting.
7) Presence of very fine grained steel also makes the Sleeves resistant to temperability. Hence these sleeves can be hardened & tempered at a comparatively higher temperature than those adopted by PTK's competitors. And as a result of the same, PTK's Sleeves are more resistant to thermal shock & cracking in application
Send your message to this supplier
Enter between 20 to 3,000 characters, English only.