Shot Sleeves for Aluminium Die Casting Machines
PTK has been engaged in the manufacture of various sizes of sleeves for aluminium die casting machines for various industries. But it's unique feature is the special expertise in the manufacture of shorter version of sleeve due to the following factors:-
1) Like other manufacturers, PTK is not making Sleeve from steel routed through normal melting & hotworking processes.
2) PTK's raw material for the subject item is manufactured from it's in house Induction melting & Electro Slag Refining (ESR) Processes.
3) Scrap of hot die steels containing very low sulphur & phosphorous are carefully selected for melting in the Induction Furnaces for making ingots.
4) The ingots containing very low sulphur & phosphorous are subsequently routed through Electro Slag Refining Process to produce very fine grained hot die steel having practically nil content of phosphorous & sulphur as the starting raw material of sleeve. Sizes of ESR ingots are such that the shorter sleeves are directly made from them without size alteration in hot working.
5) Due to absence of hot working, presence of extremely fine grained Raw Material without phosphorous & sulphur material do not exhibit any fiber flow.
6) Absence of fiber flow, phosphorous & sulphur and presence of very fine grained steel, enable sleeves to resisit errosion for considerably longer period against hot molten aluminium flow during casting.
7) Presence of very fine grained steel also makes the Sleeves resistant to temperability. Hence these sleeves can be hardened & tempered at a comparatively higher temperature than those adopted by PTK's competitors. And as a result of the same, PTK's Sleeves are more resistant to thermal shock & cracking in application